- Experienced tour guide
- Pickup/return from your accommodation in Devonport, Ulverstone or Burnie
- Visit the amazing underground world of the Gunns Plains Caves
- Drive through natural Tasmanian forests on the road to Leven Canyon
- Take a short walk and look out over the magnificent natural canyon hundreds of metres below
- Check out the view inland towards Black Bluff and the Central Highlands
- Morning Tea
Leven Canyon and Gunns Plains
“There is a hidden valley in North-Western Tasmania that nature has chosen to smile upon… a valley so rich, so fertile that it grows grapes for wine and hops for beer, where pristine spring waters are bottled for their purity, and the Leven River flows freely all the way to the sea.
A valley bounded by ancient mountains, producing the dramatic spectacle of the Leven Canyon, where waters cascade from mountain tops, and yet offer the tranquillity of a roadside picnic spot.”
Leven Canyon & Gunns Plains…where nature has chosen to give of her best.
Remote NW Tasmanian coast. The wild Leven River flows a long way down through the Canyon. Howard can take you to the Canyon Floor if you feel up to it, or down the 1000 steps stairway into the lush fern temperate rainforests below. Feeling energetic or perhaps just prefer to get back in the Jaguar and head for a Devonshire Tea or Vineyard visit?